After a very busy Christmas with all my craft fair events I finally have a few minutes to finish off a few projects that I started and to start a few new ones. This week on the beading block (salon table) I am working on several new hair accessories, some earrings and a couple of bracelets. Since we live on our boat the salon table acts as my studio and hubby (Mike) has to put up with all my beading supplies laid out for days on end while I finish up what I am working on. I try to keep it contained so that I can pack up the work into one corner of the table in order that we may eat dinner, but mostly when I am working he has to eat at the navigation station. Luckily for me he is able to watch TV from that location or I might have to pack everything up. My hair accessory line was very successful this Christmas season, in fact it is probably the fastest selling item that I make, so I am trying to build stock for the spring and summer when I again do ...
Well it is hard to believe that the Christmas Craft fair season is upon us already. It seems like just yesterday that I was putting in my applications for 2011 Craft Fairs. I started in January 2011 and jured for many of them in May and June and now the first of the fairs is about to start. I am in several new fairs this year so I don't know how they will turn out and some I am returning to because they were very good events for me last year. If you wish to stop in and say hello, here are the locations that I will be attending this year. This weekend November 5 (Sat) is the first time that I will be attending the Terry Fox Secondary Craft Fair at 1260 RiverGate Road, in Port Coquitlam (all proceeds to After Grad) 9 am to 4pm. Next Weekend Sat & Sun Nov 12 & 13 I will be attending for the first time Carney Star Craft Fair, Carney High School, 1335 Dominion Ave 9 am - 4 pm both days. Admission is $1.00 Nov 20 (Sat)- I will b...
I know, I know, I should spend more time with my blog to promote my work, but I always seem to forget after spending hours surfing the web with my Etsy stores, Facebook pages, team pages, twitter feeds, team blog posts and now Pinterest (what did I get myself into) the day just flies by and I find that I have not done any beading which is my passion. This year I also have the added excuse in that we spent the summer refinishing our home Angelique of Vancouver our 34' Coast sail boat. She got a new paint exterior, new paint interior, new fabric and cushions, new black out curtains for the windows and hatches, refinished flooring. But that is not all, still to come is new headliners, new electric windlass (for setting the anchor and then for hauling it up, hubby says he won't manually do this anymore as he is getting old), new canvas enclosure, new hard biminy top, new main sail traveler (this helps us control the main sail) new boom vang (controls the boom when jibing and t...
Comments